…and because of that, you probably won’t see this post, unless you’re one of the very, very few that subscribes to the Urban Yukon Blog itself.
The list of posting on the Urban Yukon home page is supplied by the Feed Informer service, and they’re monkeying with the internals at the moment.
Update: as of sometime in the afternoon on April 17, it started working again.
It’s true that I was responsible for some of the rush by missing a number of requests to join made during the beginning of the year, but I just stumbled upon the other blogs by chance. Few, if any, of these new members were previously aware of Urban Yukon, but they did seem to follow other Yukoners’ blogs and so it stands to reason that we could boost our membership if each of us were to promote Urban Yukon on our blogs.
The Urban Yukon site already has instructions for adding a badge like the example on the right to your blog, but I’ve added some more detailed instructions for folks using WordPress or Blogger/Blogspot below. If you use a different system, or need a bit of extra help, just let me know: urbanyukon swirl-above-number-2 yukondude speck-below-greater-than com.
- Choose Widgets from the Appearance menu on the left-hand side of the administration screen.
- Use the mouse to drag the Text widget from the Available Widgets box to the Sidebar 1 box.
- You can add a title if you like, but it’s not necessary. Paste the HTML code for your preferred badge from the Urban Yukon Learn More page into the large empty field below the title. Leave the Automatically add paragraphs checkbox unchecked. Click the Save button.
- You can drag the sidebar widgets around to change the order in which they’ll be displayed.
- Relax by the fire with a fine snifter of brandy and a Tonino Jacono.
- Choose Layout from the Dashboard page.
- You can add a title if you like, but it’s not necessary. Paste the HTML code for your preferred badge from the Urban Yukon Learn More page into the Content field. Click the Save button.
- You can drag the sidebar gadgets around to the change the order in which they’ll be displayed. Click the Save button once you’re done.
- Relax by the pool with a salted margarita and a Vegas Robaina Familiar.